What is SUP Yoga / Standup Paddleboard Yoga?
Calm the mind quicker and get a tan
Standup Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga combines standup paddleboarding, which originated in Hawaii in the 1940s, with the ancient practice of yoga from India.
Practicing yoga on a floating surface forces you to use muscles that tend to be forgotten about in a land practice, requiring intense focus, which can then calm the mind the much quicker. The most basic poses and transitions are a whole new challenge.
Benefits of SUP Yoga include:
- An appreciation and reconnection with nature which is known to have a positive effect on mental and emotional health
- Core and full body strength training = cardio + strength + stretching
- Improves balance, stability and endurance
- Options for low impact and useful during some healing and rehab programs
- Reduces stress, anxiety, pain and suffering
- Vitamin D + suncreen = year round tan
- Beginners to advanced welcome, as I give options for all levels
- And last but not least, your land practice will become progress and improve!
How often should I practice SUP Yoga?
SUP Yoga is a great addition to your weekly health and wellness routine.
With major physical, mental and emotional benefits, SUP Yoga can enhance any other workout routine, sports you play or take your land yoga practice to the next level!
SUP Yoga is also an awesome activity for a group of people and can be a true bonding experience.
Think about staycations, weekends with friends, special occasions, holidays, friends or family in town, company events, bachelor/ bachelorette parties, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays and more!