Want to do Sound Healing or a Sound Bath in San Diego?
An active form of meditation
Sound Healing is a form of active meditation, meaning 1 or more of the 5 senses is actively engaged as we head towards a passive meditative state.
It's also a healing modality that involves listening to various types of instruments being played to relax the body, mind and balance the emotions. This activates our 'rest and digest' parasympathetic nervous system, takes us into homeostasis, and helps to turn on our immune response and natural healing powers of the body.
I offer a variety of types of sound healing sessions ranging from sound baths with little to zero movement to a more active meditative experience with various types of healing tools: mudras, mantras, visualizations, chakras, breathing techniques, yin yoga, hatha yoga, vinyasa yoga, yoga philosophy, withdrawing the senses, concentration techniques and more.
You can think of the sound bath experience as more restorative and great if you are exhausted, experiencing burn-out, recovering from injury, or just don't want to do much. This type of experience is also nice for more advanced yoga and meditation practitioners that don't find relaxing and being still a challenge.
The sound healing with yoga and other tools is also restorative, but there will be various levels and types of movement depending on what you want. You can always opt out any time for any amount of the session, depending on how you feel. This type of offering is nice for beginners to yoga and meditation that have a hard time relaxing and being still.
Examples Session Styles:
- Sound Baths - little to no movement done by the participant, short guided meditation to get settled, and you are laying down and listening for the remainder of time (often times dropping into a meditative state or taking a nap).
- Sound Bath + Chanting Bija Mantras + Chakra Balancing Meditation - similar to the experience above, but we start with chanting mantras (another form of active meditation), then head into a chakra balancing guided meditation to get settled, then laying down and listening for the remainder of time (often times dropping into a meditative state or taking a nap).
- Sound Healing + Yin Yoga + Meditation - yin yoga poses (these are all sitting or laying down) with music and/or just instruments being played, then ending with a guided meditation laying down or sitting up. Silent meditation can be added to the end if wanted as well.
- Sound Healing + Hatha or Vinyasa Yoga + Meditation - Hatha or Vinyasa yoga poses with music being played, then ending with a guided meditation laying down or sitting up with sound healing. Silent meditation can be added to the end if wanted as well.
- Sound Healing + SUP (Standup Paddleboard) Yoga - this is truly unique experience on the water where your 10min floating savasana at the end will incorporate Sound Healing!
Private or corporate sound healing or sound baths can be done online/ virtually on Zoom, outdoors or indoors in San Diego, and are for the individual or group that want a more personalized, customized experience.
You can think of these sessions as a way to dive deeper into a part of the body that has tension or injury, a negative thought pattern or emotion that you'd like to release, or maybe you have a special occasion or event that requires a specific day, time or location.
Giving the gift sound healing or a sound bath to yourself is a great way learn more about this amazing healing modality and how it can help regulate your nervous system and create more balance and ease in your physical, mental and emotional states of being.
The gift of sound healing for a group can be a great bonding experience to help everyone feel refreshed, energized, cleansed and relaxed all at the same time!
Example Locations & Occasions:
- Private Homes
- Vacation Rentals
- Bay or Lake for SUP Yoga
- Corporate Offices
- Country Clubs
- Any rental space you want!
- Example Occasions:
- Girls / Boys Weekends
- Corporate Events
- Corporate Wellness Programs
Growing up in San Francisco as a dancer, gymnast and musician I spent my free time creating choreography, playlists and playing keyboard, organ, flute and saxophone. I eventually took on the band assistant role in school and performed warm up duties, along with teaching newer students how to read music and play instruments in private sessions. After 12 years of practicing yoga, I was called to participate in my first teacher training and completed 200hrs in vinyasa flow with Body, Mind, Life in Sydney, Australia and 300hrs with Zuna Yoga in tantric hatha, meditation, restorative and standup paddleboard yoga in Bali, Indonesia. It was in these countries, where I began to explore the soul nourishing aspects of kirtans, sound baths and often practiced with teachers playing live music during classes. This is when I realized I could combine my passions of yoga and music with the intention to help people regulate their nervous systems and experience deep cellular relaxation, which I had found extremely beneficial in my own healing journey. I now teach primarily yin yoga, sound healing and meditation classes, and host public and private sound baths and events with other musicians, healers and organizations that are on a mission to make this world a better place.